Registered Charity Number: 1143049
'You have to be on your guard all the time .. you never know what's going to happen next. ..... One minute he's alright and the next ....'
Mother of a child affected by CGD
The CGD Society is the only UK charity dedicated to helping individuals and families affected by chronic granulomatous disorder. People with CGD are unable to 'fight off' certain bacterial and fungal infections. Constant medication is required to keep infections at bay but serious problems can still arise, resulting in long periods in hospital and life-threatening illnesses.
Life is unpredictable as infections can enter the body through breaks in the skin, such as cuts or blisters or by inhaling harmful spores. Everyday things such as grass cuttings, old carpet, dust and damp plasterwork can harbour potentially dangerous fungal spores causing pneumonias and severe respiratory problems.
Please help us make a practical difference to families now!
Large or small, your donation could:
- allow a parentand child/CGD affected person more time with a specialist nurse
- enable increased access to the psychology support team
- extend the informal support network and social activity, reducing the sense of isolation felt by many individuals and families
- help us fund research to lead to improved treatments and a cure.
199A Victoria Station
Phone: 0800 987 8988
Charity Choice Directory Listings
CGD Society: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- a customised microsite - add your charity's logo, strapline and colours
- appearing higher up in our directory listings
- Your logo featuring on the profiles of thousands of free related charity microsites
- Your microsite will not feature any other charities advertising