Marie Curie Cancer Care is a UK charity devoted to the care of people with terminal illnesses. The charity also has a team of specialised nurses whose mission is to free end-of-life care to people with terminal illnesses in their own homes. The charity helps over 40,000 people per year, providing nursing care free of charge to terminally ill children.
Over 2,000 nurses work in the homes of patients across the UK, providing expert care and support. Marie Curie Centre Care is the biggest provider of hospice beds apart from the NHS, and they are expanding outpatient and day services at all their hospices.
Their nine Marie Curie Hospices across the UK provide expert care and the best quality of life for people with terminal illnesses. These Marie Curie Hospices are located in Belfast, Bradford, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Hampstead (London), Liverpool, Newcastle, Penarth (near Cardiff) and Solihull.
Marie Curie Cancer Care has its own research team with a fund external research program. In the last year they have taken forward a number of funding activities, both independently and in partnership with other organisations, to their research portfolio in end of life care. It is currently the leader funder of palliative care research to find better ways of caring for people with terminally ill cancer.
All of their services are free to patients and their families, thanks to the generous support of the public. The charity also funds nursing services and hospices in 50/50 partnership with the NHS.
One Embassy Gardens
8 Viaduct Gardens
Phone: 0800 716 146
Charities We Work With
Charity Choice Directory Listings
- Medical Welfare Charities - Cancer Charities
- Aged Charities - Illness in the Elderly Charities
- Children & Youth Charities - Health Charities
- Family Charities - Bereavement Charities
- Family Charities - Counselling & Support Charities
- Health Charities - Cancer Charities
- Health Charities - Children's Health Charities
- Hospices Charities - Children's Hospices Charities
- Hospices Charities - Adults' Hospices Charities
- Hospitals Charities - Children's Hospitals Charities