Child of Hope
Providing hope and a future for the children of Africa
Registered Charity Number: 1136068
Child of Hope is a Christian charity producing huge social impact for slum children and their families in Eastern Uganda through free education, healthcare and welfare. All donations go to our work in the Namatala slum district of Mbale and get straight to work improving lives and communities.
We provide safety, hope, love, education, protection and inner healing to children who have lost their homes, been sexually abused, orphaned due to AIDS/HIV and those living in abject poverty. Everything we do is for children and their families. We offer answers to some of the difficulties they face and, as you will see in this website, our activities are varied and expanding!
We have built a nursery/primary school in the heart of the slum – and now provide free education, healthcare, food and clothing (and a lot more) to 500 pupils from the poorest and most vulnerable families in the slum. This year we opened our own secondary school in the slum.
Plus... we offer their families free social care, healthcare and numeracy/literacy training, business training and start-up grants – all designed to help them break the cycle of poverty in their lives.
You can sponsor a child at our school for just £15 per month – and receive letters, photos and school reports!
Child of Hope
35 Roman Road
Phone: 01202 697201
Child of Hope: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- Appear higher in search results and directory listings
- Add your logo, photos and more information about your charity
- Add Videos
- Add a link to your donation facility
- Use of a dedicated and customisable Gifts in Wills fundraising page
- Your logo will feature on the profile of related charity pages
- Your profile pages will not feature “Useful links” logos from other charities
- Your profile will not promote other relevant charities pages on your profile