World Villages for Children provides financial support to the charity programmes of the Sisters of Mary. Founded in 1964 by Father Aloysius Schwartz, the charity was established to provide care and support to the thousands of orphans and street children living in poverty in South Korea following the Korean War.
World Villages for Children helps poor and abandoned children break free from a life of poverty by providing them with food, clothing, medical care and a fully accredited education, including extensive vocational training relevant to local industries and businesses. The work is carried out by the Sisters of Mary, who each year care for 20,000 poor boys and girls in villages in the Philippines, Mexico, Guatemala, Brazil, and Honduras.In 2019 we inaugurated a new Girlstown in Tanzania which currently has over 150 students, we have plans to expand eventualy to 900 students!
After graduation, the Sisters of Mary help graduates find good jobs, for example in the Philippines our graduates boast an almost 100% employment rate after graduation due in part to on the job traing we organise for our students. We also encourage & witness them supporting their families and local communities, thus extending the impact of their work to many more living in poverty in the wider regions of these countries.
So far, the Sisters have transformed the lives of over 150,000 children living in poverty. Remembering us in your will can help the Sisters to extend their support to even more children in desperate need of our care.
World Villages for Children
Ground Floor South
16 Smith Square
Phone: 020 7629 3050
Charity Choice Directory Listings
- International Charities - Other
- Overseas Aid Charities - Children Overseas Charities
- Overseas Aid Charities - Development Charities
- Overseas Aid Charities - Education Charities
- Overseas Aid Charities - Social Welfare Charities
- Children & Youth Charities - Education & Training Charities
- Children & Youth Charities - Overseas Charities
- Community Charities - Education & Training Charities
- Family Charities - Poverty Charities
- Human Rights Charities - Family Charities
- Human Rights Charities - Poverty Charities
- International Charities - Global Charities