Forest of Avon Trust
Passionate About TREES & WOODLANDS
Registered Charity Number: 1122314
Welcome to the Forest of Avon Trust.
A million trees planted in the Bristol area so far: we are the charity keeping this great work going & involving as many people in the local community as possible.
More than just an environmental charity, we focus hugely on the health and wellbeing of our community.
What do we do?
We work to safeguard, enhance and maximise the benefits of local trees and woodlands with a strong social impact for the local community. This includes:
- Demonstrating the benefits of woodlands and running activities engaging local communities in using them
- Inspiring people to learn outside through Natural Connections Project Support and by training Forest School leaders & educational professionals
- Advising landowners on woodland management, getting at least 50% in to management by 2020
- Supporting businesses in mitigating their impacts locally
- Planting trees and caring for local woodlands through our tree dedication scheme
- Selling discounted English-grown fruit trees and bushes for gardens, allotments & school grounds
- Promoting woodland creation, the Forest of Avon and tree planting.
- Running activities for people with learning disabilties, mental health needs and dementia.
Recently, our work has included:
- Delivering 30 mini-orchards to local schools, working with local businesses to fund these;
- Providing advice and support to over 50 organisations/ groups enabling them to plant trees;
- Developing and running woodland activities for over 1,000 people with mental health needs;
- Working with over 30 schools to support outdoor learning; and
- Bringing 750ha local woodlands in to approved management plans.
Forest of Avon Trust
5th Floor Mariner House
62 Prince Street
Phone: 0117 963 3383
Forest of Avon Trust News
Charity Choice Directory Listings
- Children & Youth - Education & Training
- Community - Education & Training
- Community - Local Community
- Culture & Heritage - Urban or Rural Conservation
- Education & Training - Apprenticeships & Vocational Training
- Environment - Botanical Conservation
- Health - Mental Health
- Learning Disabilities & SEN - Adults
- Learning Disabilities & SEN - Children
Gifts left in Wills are really important to us. Click the button below to find more about our charity legacy appeal and what options are available to you.