Welcome to the Forest of Avon Trust.
Trees make a huge contribution to our daily lives, where we choose to be and how we feel. They are often taken for granted, but their absence or loss is strongly felt.
We are a charity passionate about the benefits of trees and focus on practical delivery to bring these benefits to people across Bristol & Avon.
Established in 2008, we are entirely funded through sponsorship, donations, the Friend's scheme, grants, fees and legacies. Starting with £3,000, we will achieve our aim of £1,000,000 of work by 2019.
Our work is focused on:
Running woodland wellbeing activities tailored to need, for adults with learning difficulties; people with mental health needs; dementia sufferers and their families; and young people at risk of exclusion from school. Over the last two years over 150 individuals (& carers/ parents) have benefitted;
Engaging children (and others) in the natural world through tree planting, particularly to improve school grounds. Over 6,000 trees have been planted in the last two years and we have worked with schools to plant 70 school orchards;
Getting woodland in to active management and so far have produced Forestry Commission approved management plans for 850ha local woodland.
We also campaign for trees and woodlands in Bristol & Avon.
With your support we can do much more.
Forest of Avon Trust
Phone: 0117 963 3383
Charity Choice Directory Listings
- Environment Charities - Botanical Conservation Charities
- Health Charities - Mental Health Charities
- Learning Disabilities & SEN Charities - Adults Charities
- Learning Disabilities & SEN Charities - Children Charities
- Children & Youth Charities - Education & Training Charities
- Community Charities - Education & Training Charities
- Community Charities - Local Community Charities
- Culture and Heritage Charities - Urban or Rural Conservation Charities
- Education & Training Charities - Apprenticeships & Vocational Training Charities