Phab, which celebrated its 60th Anniversary in 2017, is dedicated to bringing together disabled and non-disabled people to "make more of life together" - breaking down community barriers, reducing social isolation, and creating opportunities for disabled people to enjoy the same activities and challenges as and alongside non-disabled friends and family. This is achieved through:
• A network of around 140 Phab Clubs across England and Wales providing social activities, friendship and fun for 8,000 disabled and non-disabled members.
• An annual programme of challenging and exciting Inclusive Living Experience (ILX) Residential Projects held at fully accessible outdoor activity centres for disabled and disadvantaged children, young people and young adults aged 8 to 30, enabling them to gain practical, personal and social skills and increase self-esteem, confidence and independence, all whilst having a great time together.
• Our work with schools and university students to develop Phab Clubs and holiday projects run by students.
• Regional and national events where Clubs and members can enjoy training workshops, fun activities and the opportunity to network and support each other.
• Two wheelchair accessible holiday homes enabling families and friends to enjoy a break away, confident that when they arrive everything will be in place to meet their needs.
OUR RESIDENTIAL PROJECTS
Our range of ILX Projects cater each year for around 145 disabled and disadvantaged children, young people and young adults aged 8 to 30 - enabling them to enjoy the same exciting activities and challenges as their peers. The children and young adults, many of them away from home for the first time, experience a week or weekend stay at fully accessible outdoor activity centres in the beautiful surroundings of the New Forest and the Lake District - an exciting, challenging and life changing experience building their confidence, independence and self-esteem whilst learning new practical and personal skills and supporting each other through living together and, importantly, through friendship and just having fun.
Phone: 020 8667 9443