Registered Charity Number: 1127528
Pro-Action Hertfordshire is a membership organisation. Our job is to support, represent and champion the many organisations and individuals across Hertfordshire who work with children and young people.
We were formed from the merger of two organisations which supported the voluntary youth work sector but our membership now includes organisations from the voluntary, private and public sectors. Our membership covers the full range of children and young people’s interests - sports, dance, youth, arts, play, faith based organisations, uniformed groups such as Scouts, statutory organisations and many more.
Our vision is that:
“Every young person in Hertfordshire has the opportunity to be supported, nurtured and encouraged to reach their potential.”
We support and encourage the people who provide those opportunities. When we say children and young people we mean everyone between the ages of 6 and 18. (including 19 -25 year olds with Learning Difficulties and/or Disabilities)
With six staff we currently support over 220 organisations. This represents 40,000 young people and children, 5,000 volunteers and 1,400 full and part-time paid staff.
We will deliver our strategic aims and objectives within the framework of our core values and beliefs:
Our Core Values are:
- Choice, opportunity and empowerment
We believe in:
- Enhancing and enriching, not competing with or duplicating existing services
- Taking a partnership approach
- Meeting individual needs - we're not about ticking boxes
- The power of the voluntary sector - we seek to strengthen and promote this wherever possible
- Lifelong learning
- The interests and wellbeing of children and young people are at the heart of everything we do.
What We Do
There are four main strands to our work:
- Direct support, advice and consultancy to our member organisations. This currently accounts for about 80% of what we do.
- Providing training, promoting good practice and encouraging the use of quality standards across the children’s’ and youth sectors in Hertfordshire.
- Engaging with and contributing to strategy and policy developments which affect our members or children and young people, especially within the county but also nationally. We aim to be the eyes, ears and voice of the children and young people's sectors in Hertfordshire.
- Providing accredited leadership, team work and group work courses for young people aged 13 to 19.
We identify these as our ‘core’ activities. The first two are direct services to members, the third happens through liaison and communication, partnerships, and a programme of networking which we support.
Young Peoples training is also a direct service and is a way in which we help to develop future club leaders and volunteers, at the same time enhancing the life opportunities for the young people concerned. We consider the ability to support these kinds of activities as being fundamental to our wider purpose and identity as an organisation.
24 The Common
Phone: 01707 276859
Charity Choice Directory Listings
Pro-Action: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- a customised microsite - add your charity's logo, strapline and colours
- appearing higher up in our directory listings
- Your logo featuring on the profiles of thousands of free related charity microsites
- Your microsite will not feature any other charities advertising
Help us raise money by becoming a fundraiser. You can set up fundraising events for the charity or any of our appeals. If you're interested then please click the button below to set up your fundraising event.