Miscarriage can be a very unhappy, frightening and lonely experience.
The Miscarriage Association acknowledges the distress associated with pregnancy loss and strives to make a positive difference for those it affects.
We have the knowledge to help.
Miscarriage is common. It affects more than 1 in 4 pregnancies and ectopic pregnancy affects 1 in 100 pregnancies. It's an unhappy, often frightening and sometimes lonely experience.
Miscarriage is not the same for everyone. It can happen early on in pregnancy or much later, when it is really unexpected. The emotional impact can also be very different. Some people can accept and simply move on from a miscarriage, but for many it is a bereavement.
"Someone said ‘It was only a bunch of cells’, but to my husband and me,
it was a baby and it was going to be our son or daughter."
Founded in 1982 by people who had experienced miscarriage, the Miscarriage Association makes a positive difference. We
- have a staffed helpline, offering information and support
- co-ordinate a natework of support volunteers across the Uk
- publish a range of leaflets, all free to download from our website
- work with health professionals to promote good practice
- contribute to research into the causes, prevention and treatment of miscarriage
- work with the media to raise awareness of the facts and feelings of pregnancy loss.
Please support our work and help us to help others who go through the sadness of losing a baby in pregnancy.
The Miscarriage Association
17 Wentworth Terrace
Phone: 01924 200799 Helpline/Answerphone
Fax: 01924 298834