Commissioning and funding innovative research into the treatment and causes of melanoma
Registered Charity Number: 1124716
Melanoma is now the 5th most common cancer in the UK
1 in 53 people are diagnosed during their lifetime. It is the fastest-growing cancer, with more than 16,202 new diagnoses and 2,347 deaths every year. Increasingly it is a disease that affects the young with 10% of newly-diagnosed cases occurring in people aged between 15 and 24 years and yet we know that 86% of cases could be avoided. Awareness, prevention, early detection and treatment are essential.
Melanoma Focus is the UK’s main melanoma charity
We are based in Cambridge, UK and we raise funds to support our initiatives in the fight against melanoma. These include:
- Commissioning and funding research studies, providing grants of up to £100,000
- The Melanoma Helpline, which is available on a free and confidential basis
- Informing the public, patients and carers about all aspects of melanoma
- Developing clinical guidelines and the National Melanoma Database
- Providing updates and networking opportunities for clinicians and nurses
- Playing a leading role in national campaigns and information programmes
- Staging the UK’s two annual professional melanoma meetings
Raising awareness of melanoma
We work hard to raise awareness of melanoma and its causes, prevention and treatment via our activities, social media, information and the documents that we produce. We also actively champion patients' interests at a national level by taking part in public consultations and intervening with Government on issues such as drug funding.
Queen Anne House
Phone: 01223 324359
Charity Choice Directory Listings
Gifts left in Wills are really important to us. Click the button below to find more about our charity legacy appeal and what options are available to you.