As an independent Scottish medical research charity, we are committed to supporting promising individuals at the early stages of their careers in medical research. We know we make a difference to them and also to the health of the nation.
We are not restricted to funding research into any one disease or condition, so our grants support scientists doing research which aims to improve the diagnosis, treatment or prevention of all diseases - including stroke, diabetes, cancer, heart disease and arthritis - as well as improving understanding of basic disease processes and the development of medical technology.
Medical Research Scotland is the operational name of SHERT (the Scottish Hospital Endowments Research Trust: Scottish Charity No. SC014959).
Medical Research Scotland
1 Earl Grey Street
Phone: 0131 659 8800
Fax: 0131 228 8118
Charity Choice Directory Listings
- Aged Charities - Illness in the Elderly Charities
- Children & Youth Charities - Health Charities
- Health Charities - Medical Research Charities
- Hearing Impairments Charities - Medical Charities
- Medical Research Charities - Cancer Charities
- Medical Research Charities - Drug Research Charities
- Medical Research Charities - Heart Conditions Charities
- Medical Welfare Charities - Non-Terminal Disease Charities
- Mental Health Charities - Research Charities
- Visual Impairments Charities - Research Charities