Free Uk Genealogy
Registered Charity Number: 1096940
Free UK Genealogy has now incorporated as Free UK Genealogy CIO. Please visit https://www.charitychoice.co.uk/free-uk-genealogy-252260 to find out more.
Free UK Genealogy CIO is a charity devoted to helping people get free access to their family history. We have been working with volunteers across the world to transcribe databases of births, marriages and deaths, historical records from parish churches and previous census'.
We believe that you shouldn't have to pay to get access to your family history and providing free access is the best way to preserve this rich source of information for future generations.
So far our volunteers have transcribed:-
- 297 million births, marriages and deaths
- Census information between 1841 and 1891
- 33 million records from parish registers
This is one of the largest public transcription projects in the world and as a consequence does have significant costs to keep it going. We use donations to keep our servers running, to support volunteers and identify new areas of family history that we can provide you with access to.
Please help us to keep history free.
Free Uk Genealogy
Phone: 01558 650 698
Charity Choice Directory Listings
Free Uk Genealogy: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- Appear higher in search results and directory listings
- Add your logo, photos and more information about your charity
- Add Videos
- Add a link to your donation facility
- Use of a dedicated and customisable Gifts in Wills fundraising page
- Your logo will feature on the profile of related charity pages
- Your profile pages will not feature “Useful links” logos from other charities
- Your profile will not promote other relevant charities pages on your profile