Registered Charity Number: 1148420
Prison isn’t effective at reducing crime – nearly half of adults (49%) released from prison are reconvicted within one year. 65% of young people (under 18s) will reoffend within a year of release (MoJ, 2017).
Re-offending is expensive, costing taxpayers between £9.5 billion and £13 billion a year, with the average yearly cost of £38,000 for each prison place in England and Wales (NAO, 2010).
Nearly all prisoners (97%) want to stop offending (MoJ, 2010) but lack the tools they need to live a crime-free life.
Spark Inside runs coaching programmes in prisons across London and the South East, to encourage rehabilitation and reduce reoffending.
The Conversation is our systems coaching programme that brings together large groups of prison staff and prisoners in a facilitated group coaching process to enhance their relationships, improve empathy, and support sustained, positive cultural change on prison wings.
Hero’s Journey is our structured life coaching programme for young people aged 15-25, in prison and through-the-gates, building their motivation to change, decreasing in-prison violence and creating a pro-social identity away from crime to reduce reoffending.
Our expert coaches are qualified and trained professionals. You can find out more about the impact of our coaching programmes at www.sparkinside.org
27 Tavistock Square
Spark Inside: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- Appear higher in search results and directory listings
- Add your logo, photos and more information about your charity
- Add Videos
- Add a link to your donation facility
- Use of a dedicated and customisable Gifts in Wills fundraising page
- Your logo will feature on the profile of related charity pages
- Your profile pages will not feature “Useful links” logos from other charities
- Your profile will not promote other relevant charities pages on your profile