Lifeline (harrogate) Ltd
Registered Charity Number: 1150977
Lifeline (Harrogate) Limited – known as Lifeline – was formed in 2012. Our research into homelessness in Harrogate at the time found that there was a “chronic lack of move-on accommodation in the town” so that clients of the Harrogate Homeless Project were becoming stuck in the hostel. .
We saw that there was a real need for people to be settled back in the community but rents are very high in the town, and for people who needed support in order to achieve full independence, but weren’t ready for that quite yet, an intermediate move-on stage was required.
We became aware that we could partner with Green Pastures, a national Christian Charity, and they could buy us houses that we could lease from them long-term. Lifeline launched out the vision and interested and passionate Christians came forward to volunteer, donate, pray and become Trustees etc.
Green Pastures then bought Lifeline its first house in Jan 2013 and we housed 3 people from February 2013, once we had completed the necessary upgrades to the house.
Our second house opened in December 2013 and our third house in August 2015.
Each house is a 3 bed house. Each resident has their own lockable bed-room and shared lounge, kitchen and bathroom.
As well as providing safe, secure, well-presented and well-maintained properties out in the community, we also provide ongoing support. This is floating support because we don’t live on the premises.
Lifeline has recently broadened the agencies we will work with so we are no longer exclusive to Harrogate Homeless Project. This means we are now dealing with a greater volume of younger people who after difficult upbringings have enormous challenges in terms of housing in the town. They often have complex needs so our ongoing support is crucial.
We recently conducted an Annual Resident Questionnaire and posed 12 different multiple choice questions about how our residents viewed the service we provided, with the majority of replies being ‘very satisfied’ or ‘strongly agreeing’ and never any lower than ‘satisfied’ or ‘agree’. Some comments made were;
- I don’t think you should do anything to improve our house it’s a great house to live in
- Lifeline has made me more confident with things. I have grown with self-belief
- Whether to change things another answered; You have it well organized. It would be silly to change the well oiled machine!
- Lifeline has changed my life in some many ways, health and related problems. A beautiful place to live. It saved my life coming to LIFELINE!
Since we began housing formerly homeless people we have had 42 people housed, including 8 currently housed. We have had 33 leavers of which 19 (58%) have gone on into independent accommodation. 22 residents have found work whilst residing with Lifeline (54%). We have had our residents now stay for over 13,000 nights since we started 5 years ago! Carl Good. 29th March 2018.
Lifeline (harrogate) Ltd
Phone: 07541 455 508
Charities We Work With
Charity Choice Directory Listings
Lifeline (harrogate) Ltd: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- a customised microsite - add your charity's logo, strapline and colours
- appearing higher up in our directory listings
- Your logo featuring on the profiles of thousands of free related charity microsites
- Your microsite will not feature any other charities advertising