4SIGHT Vision Support
Registered Charity Number: 1075447
Bognor Regis, West Sussex
4Sight Vision Support was established in 1921 to support blind and partially sighted people in West Sussex. We now support over 2,000 members and provide people with a wide range of practical support solutions to help them remain independent following sight loss.
Our main aim is to improve the lives of blind and partially sighted people with sight loss. Whoever they are, whatever they do, wherever they find themselves. We support in many different ways though services, visits, information, guidance, advocacy and support.
Our aims are to enable people to:
- Adjust to sight loss
- Make the best use of low vision
- Combat social isolation
- Access appropriate information and advice
- Maintain independence
- Participate actively in their communities and family life
- Access facilities and open spaces, across town and country
- Access high quality personal social care and clinical services, with appropriate and timely choices
- Influence service design, provision, commissioning and planning
- Make informed choices about their own health and wellbeing
- Campaigns to remove barriers to independence and inclusion
- Promotes eye health
- Supports volunteering and employment of blind and partially sighted people
- Ensures that blind and partially sighted people participate fully in the governance of 4SIGHT.
We supports these aims by providing valuable and much needed services, enabling blind and partially sighted people to remain as independent as possible. Members can access both free and subsidised services delivered in the home, in the locality and in adapted resource centres. As well as the resource centres in Bognor Regis, Shoreham and Midhurst there are local clubs across West Sussex where members can meet for a wide range of social activities.
In addition to the clubs, services include low vision assessment, a sight care advice service (based in local hospital eye clinics), equipment loan and purchase,accessible media and transcription and a newsletter.
We do this work largely thanks to the help of volunteers. Everything we do is to ensure that visually impaired people are able to access the information, advice, equipment, skills and services needed to continue to live independently after sight loss, build confidence and to participate actively in their community and family lives.
Our work is largely self-funded, through donations, community events, our own commercial activities including charity shops, and the support of trusts, foundations and local authorities.
4SIGHT Vision Support
4SIGHT Bradbury Centre
36 Victoria Drive
Phone: 01243 828555
Fax: 01243 838003
Charity Choice Directory Listings
4SIGHT Vision Support: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- a customised microsite - add your charity's logo, strapline and colours
- appearing higher up in our directory listings
- Your logo featuring on the profiles of thousands of free related charity microsites
- Your microsite will not feature any other charities advertising
Gifts left in Wills are really important to us. Click the button below to find more about our charity legacy appeal and what options are available to you.