Registered Charity Number: 1138414
Kerala Crafts is working with 5 projects with Kerala, southern India:
1) Valsalya Bhavan - a home for girls aged between 5 and 15, who have been rescued from the streets.
2) Vimala Welfare Centre - supporting marginalised women through various project, including our purchase of
their beautiful, sustainable, banana fibre baskets (Fair Trade).
3) Adelaide Bhavan - an extension to the work at Valsalya Bhavan. Home for the older girls who have moved
on from Valsalya, and who live independently within the Welfare Centre.
4) Malabar Memsahib Welfare - a women's co-operative making fair trade lingerie etc, giving the women,
much-needed employment (Fair Trade).
5) FCCA (Fair Cotton Co-op Alliance) - set up as a need to strengthen co-ops in the textile sector, which struggle
against competition from established private players and cheap commodity production based on mechanisation.
5 Ivy Place
Phone: 01225 319642
Charity Choice Directory Listings
Kerala Crafts: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- Appear higher in search results and directory listings
- Add your logo, photos and more information about your charity
- Add Videos
- Add a link to your donation facility
- Use of a dedicated and customisable Gifts in Wills fundraising page
- Your logo will feature on the profile of related charity pages
- Your profile pages will not feature “Useful links” logos from other charities
- Your profile will not promote other relevant charities pages on your profile