Headway is a UK-wide charity that works to improve life after brain injury. The charity provides services and information to brain injury survivors, their families and carers, as well as to professionals in the health and legal sectors.
Headway is here to promote understanding of all aspects of brain injury thus by increasing awareness of brain injury and its consequences to the general public.
One of the charity’s goals is to initiate activities and campaigns which will diminish the incidence of brain injury.
It is here to assist people with brain injuries to return to community living, including access to suitable accommodation, social outlets, and productive activity. For relatives and carers, support can be given either on a one-to-one meeting or in a group setting. Some courses are run on topics such as the effects of brain injury on the person and the family, coping at home and self-care.
Headway UK depends on voluntary donations to keep on providing vital services to brain injury survivors and their families.
Some Headway Centres provide speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
There are over 100 Headway Groups and Branches, operating across the UK with their Headquarters based in Nottingham.
The smaller Branches are run by volunteers whose role is to provide both social opportunities and peer support for carers.
HEADWAY - The Brain Injury Association
190 Bagnall Road
Charity Choice Directory Listings
HEADWAY - The Brain Injury Association: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- Appear higher in search results and directory listings
- Add your logo, photos and more information about your charity
- Add Videos
- Add a link to your donation facility
- Use of a dedicated and customisable Gifts in Wills fundraising page
- Your logo will feature on the profile of related charity pages
- Your profile pages will not feature “Useful links” logos from other charities
- Your profile will not promote other relevant charities pages on your profile