Registered Charity Number: 1150056
Every 20 minutes someone in the UK is diagnosed with a blood cancer such as leukaemia, lymphoma, or myeloma.For many blood cancer patients a blood stem cell donation from a matching donor represents their best, and sometimes only, chance of beating this devastating disease.
Despite being treatable and potentially curable, blood cancer today remains one of the leading causes of cancer deaths in the UK, and leukaemia still claims the lives of more children in the UK than any other disease. There are over 23 million registered donors worldwide but this is still not enough.
We launched in 2013 with a key mission: to increase the pool of lifesaving stem cell donors.
At DKMS, we believe that nobody with a blood cancer should die because they are unable to find a matching blood stem cell donor.
It costs the charity £40 to register each new donor, and all the money that we receive in sponsorship is used only to cover these costs.
Dkms Foundation: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- Appear higher in search results and directory listings
- Add your logo, photos and more information about your charity
- Add Videos
- Add a link to your donation facility
- Use of a dedicated and customisable Gifts in Wills fundraising page
- Your logo will feature on the profile of related charity pages
- Your profile pages will not feature “Useful links” logos from other charities
- Your profile will not promote other relevant charities pages on your profile