Registered Charity Number: 206002
Combat Stress is the UK's leading Veterans' mental health charity supporting over 5,400 Veterans aged from 19 to 101.
Founded in May 1919, just after the First World War and initially named the Ex-Servicemen's Welfare Society, the organisation opened their first "recuperative home" in 1920 on Putney Hill in South West London.
Combat stress addresses these issues by developing integrated services with new NHS England-commissioned national PTSD care pathway; their Community Outreach Teams; the Combat Stress 24-hour Helpline and by working along with the Armed Forces Health Partnership.
The charity focuses on helping Veterans to rebuild their lives with or without on-going symptoms.
They are here to provide clinical treatment and welfare support to Veterans who suffer from psychological wounds.
Everything they do is free of charge to the Veteran. Our work is made possible through statutory, non-statutory and voluntary fundraising and with the generosity of the general public.
Today, Combat Stress spends nearly £14 million annually delivering its unique range of specialist treatment and welfare support.
Mental ill-health is affecting ex-Service men and women of all age leaving psychological wounds. Those feelings can lead to depression, phobias, anxiety, relationship problems and, for some, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Phone: 01372 587151
Fax: 01372 587101
Combat Stress: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- Appear higher in search results and directory listings
- Add your logo, photos and more information about your charity
- Add Videos
- Add a link to your donation facility
- Use of a dedicated and customisable Gifts in Wills fundraising page
- Your logo will feature on the profile of related charity pages
- Your profile pages will not feature “Useful links” logos from other charities
- Your profile will not promote other relevant charities pages on your profile