Registered Charity Number: 296572
SANE was established in 1986 to improve the quality of life for people affected by mental illness, following the overwhelming public response to a series of articles published in The Times entitles the Forgotten Illness, written by SANE founder and Chief Executive Marjorie Wallace.
SANE is a national charity working to improve the quality of life of anyone affected by mental illness. The problems suffered by individuals can easily have an effect on many more people. Family and friends often feel just as helpless and isolated. Therefore, SANE’s objectives are:
SERVICES: To provide care and emotional support for people with mental health problems, their families, friends and carers as well as information for other organisations and the general public.
CAMPAIGNING: To raise awareness and combat stigma about mental illness, educating and campaigning to improve mental health services.
RESEARCH: To initiate research into the causes and treatments of serious mental illness such as schizophrenia and depression and the pyschological and social impact of mental illness.
St. Mark's Studios
14 Chillingworth Road
Charity Choice Directory Listings
Sane: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- Appear higher in search results and directory listings
- Add your logo, photos and more information about your charity
- Add Videos
- Add a link to your donation facility
- Use of a dedicated and customisable Gifts in Wills fundraising page
- Your logo will feature on the profile of related charity pages
- Your profile pages will not feature “Useful links” logos from other charities
- Your profile will not promote other relevant charities pages on your profile