Age UK Essex
Local Essex charity delivering advice, friendship & practical help in later life
Registered Charity Number: 1091058
Everyone wants to remain happy and healthy, whatever their age. Our range of support services enable older people, their families and carers across Essex to access the help they need, whenever they need it.
At Age UK Essex we promote the wellbeing of all older people in Essex and support people to live fulfilling and enjoyable lives. No-one of us know how later life will affect our families or ourselves and as the complex health, legal and social care systems become more difficult to navigate, more and more people are turning to us for help.
Over a third of people living in Essex are eligible for our support, but this differ according to each person's individual needs. Some will not require any help at all but might benefit from advice on preparing for retirement, the chance to access insurance quotes, or volunteering opportunities to keep connected locally. For others wherea little more practical help might be needed we could be providing access to toenail trimming appointments, dementia support, help with tasks around the home or just a friendly chat or visit to stay in touch with the local community.
Later life should be a time of activity and engagement when we are able to carry on socialising and contributing to our community. But sadly this is not the case for thousands of older people in Essex. There are over 33,000 Essex residents in later life who are lonely and cut off from society. We want to change this.
Last year we supported over 80,000 people with advice or practical help, with the help of the people of Essex we could so much more.
With demand for our support services rising, we need help to meet our own challenge to keep our services alive with funding. Over the last four years nearly £1 million has been lost in grant funding, meaning that we now have to raise our own funds to support our Befriending services and Advice teams in particular.
This is where we need to rely on you, our current and future dedicated supporters and fundraisers, who donate your time, money and knowledge to help us raise as much money as possible. We are very proud of the work we do but there is always more we want to achieve. If you can support us in any way, we'd love to hear from you.
Age UK Essex
Widford Hall Lane
Off Tattersall Way
Phone: 01245 207065
Charity Choice Directory Listings
- Aged Charities - Illness in the Elderly Charities
- Aged Charities - Independent Living
- Aged Charities - Assisted Living for the Elderly Charities
- Community Charities - Local Community Charities
- Community Charities - Supported Living Charities
- Disabled Charities - Independent Living Charities
- Health Charities - Mental Health Charities
- Health Charities - Specific Conditions Charities
- Sport & Recreation Charities - Holidays & Respite Care Charities
- Aged Charities - Elderly Care & Welfare Charities
Age UK Essex: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- Appear higher in search results and directory listings
- Add your logo, photos and more information about your charity
- Add Videos
- Add a link to your donation facility
- Use of a dedicated and customisable Gifts in Wills fundraising page
- Your logo will feature on the profile of related charity pages
- Your profile pages will not feature “Useful links” logos from other charities
- Your profile will not promote other relevant charities pages on your profile