Help for volunteers
- How do I become a volunteer?
- Do I need to be registered with Charity Choice to post my volunteering offer?
- What details do I need to provide when I create a listing?
- How often do you update the site?
- Why hasn't my offer shown up on the website?
- I have already been approached by several charities, and I no longer want my listing to appear on the site. How can I remove this?
How do I become a volunteer?
If you'd like to volunteer for a charity, but you aren't quite sure which one is right for you, then list your offer on Charity Choice. To get started, go to our Volunteering section. There you'll be able to choose where you would like to volunteer, how many days per week you can spare, what kind of tasks you'd be able to perform, and even what kind of charity you want to help out.
Do I need to be registered with Charity Choice to post my volunteering offer?
Yes – but it's quick, easy and free to register. Just click here to get started. Once registered, you will have full access to the site, and will be able to create your own profile, become a friend of your favourite charities, fundraise and more!
What details do I need to provide when I create a listing?
We need you to provide as much information as possible about your availability when you're filling out the online form. We'll ask you which days of the week you'd like to volunteer on, and what kind of work you would be interested in doing.
We will also ask you to provide contact details, such as an email address or contact phone number. This is so charities can contact you directly about volunteering for them. Don't worry - charities will have to be registered and logged in to Charity Choice to gain access to your contact details.
How often do you update the site?
The website is updated automatically each time a new volunteer posts a listing.
Why hasn't my offer shown up on the website?
Your offer may not have appeared on the Give Your Goods offers page for a number of reasons.
- Your offer was incomplete: our editorial team may occasionally remove offers from the website if not enough information has been included, and will email you to ask for further details.
- Inappropriate content: either our editorial team or somebody browsing the site has deemed the content of your offer to be inappropriate or offensive. An email will be sent to the contact email address to explain this.
- Your browser may be looking at an old version of the web page. To remedy this, hold the Ctrl key and press Refresh when on the Volunteers page.
If you feel that none of these reasons apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7566 5774.
I have already been approached by several charities, and I no longer want my listing to appear on the site. How can I remove this?
When you posted the offer, you would have been asked to create an account with Charity Choice which gives you access to an admin area. By logging in you can manage all your volunteer offers, edit the details or remove the listing completely.
If you feel like your question hasn't been covered here, feel free to get in touch with us. You can call us on 020 7566 5774, or email us at email@example.com