Registered Charity Number: 1151827
In 1991 Jane arrived with just five feral cats, one fox and one rabbit. Today there are usually at least sixty cats, more than twenty dogs, plus foxes and assorted poultry in the Trust's care. Jane also provides a wildlife rescue service 24 hours a day 52 weeks a year.
The Trust only has 4 kennels, all donated, plus the old ferret pen for emergencies. Foster homes are relied on to provide temporary care for dogs and cats awaiting adoption. Sometimes it is necessary to keep dogs at private boarding kennels to ensure they are not put to sleep when the Sanctuary is full. The kennels are paid for by the Trust. Foster carers make a huge difference, not only does this reduce the cost of boarding kennels but it enables the dogs to live in a home environment until such time that they find their permanent homes. Fosterers provide love and food for the animals and the Trust provides support and covers vets bills.
Phone: 01327 858238
Charity Choice Directory Listings
Algernon Trust: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- Appear higher in search results and directory listings
- Add your logo, photos and more information about your charity
- Add Videos
- Add a link to your donation facility
- Use of a dedicated and customisable Gifts in Wills fundraising page
- Your logo will feature on the profile of related charity pages
- Your profile pages will not feature “Useful links” logos from other charities
- Your profile will not promote other relevant charities pages on your profile