Charity Challenges in 2013 - 2014
Challenge yourself AND raise money for Step by Step!!
Jan 01 2013
Would you like a major challenge? Are you (relatively) fit and active? Are you willing to spend time to raise sponsorship?
Then one of our Charity Challenges may be for you!
We have a link with Classic Tours who have huge experience in organising a wide range of challenges, so you can be assured that travel, local guides, accommodation, food, safety etc have all been covered. Full information is available on their website: http://www.classictours.co.uk/
There are lots of challenges organised for 2013, for instance:
- Pedal to Paris: cycle from London to Paris in 4 days
- The Inca Trail: trek the challenging Inca trail in Peru, to the 'Lost City'
- Hike the Himalayas: superb trek in the Hilalayan foothills, with a visit to the Taj Mahal
- Climb Kilimanjaro: the ultimate challenge to 5895 metres, the highest peak in Africa
- Cycle Nepal: discover the himalayas - on a bike!
- Great Wall of China: explore sections unseen by tourists and visit The Forbidden City
- ....and many more!!
There are two ways to fund your challenge: you can self-fund, when you pay the full cost yourself and then raise as much as you can in sponsorship. Or you can opt for the sponsored option, when you promise to raise at least twice the cost of the challenge in sponsorship, and the cost is taken out of the funds raised. In both cases you pay a small registration fee, which is not returnable if you decide not to proceed or cannot raise the necessary sponsorship.
You will need time to raise the sponsorship and you will need to do some training to be fit for the challenge. We will help with ideas and encouragement. New events for 2014 will soon be advertised.
Interested? Please get in touch with us for more details, and we will send you an information pack.
Fun Challenges – Endurance Test (e.g. staying awake, standing up, reading)
Event Contact Details
The Fundraising Team
36 Crimea Road , Aldershot, Hampshire. GU11 1UD