Did you miss the 2nd Shark Guardian Quarter Update? No problem, just CLICK HERE
Shark Guardian educational programs, research projects and campaigns have been growing massively this year. With the support of the general public, school students and Shark Guardian Dive Centers from around the world, Shark Guardian has become a real force for shark and marine conservation. Here is a round up of our activities since July 2014.
Phuket, Khao Lak and Boat Presentations
Shark Guardian presentations in Khao Lak and Phuket – Shark Guardian has also been joining dive trips to give talks to divers on shark conservation and collect data for research. Email email@example.com to get Shark Guardian on your boat
Shark Guardian Indonesia Tour 2014
Dive Center events and Diving
Shark Guardian returned to Indonesia. First stop presentations on Bali. We held 2 events in Sanur hosted by Shark Guardian Dive Centers Crystal Divers and Joe’s Gone Diving. Next stop was Lembongan Island with more presentations and workshops for the dive community and the general public. We were greatly supported by Shark Guardian Dive Centers World Diving and Blue Corner. Soon after Lembongan Shark Guardian traveled to the Gili islands for even more Shark Guardian events hosted by Shark Guardian Dive Centers: Oceans 5, Blue Marine and Blue marlin. Later in the trip we enjoyed our first ever ever events in Labuan Bajo and also in Amed.
Shark Guardian special ‘Shark education and research live-aboard trip’ in Komodo with Wicked Diving
After a great night with the general public in Labuan Bajo, the FIRST Shark Guardian ‘Shark education and research trip’ in komodo took place. This proved an amazing experience for all the divers and for Shark Guardian Director Brendon Sing. The trip took place over 3 days. Every night Brendon gave educational shark briefings and presentations. After the dives data was collect for valuable research for shark conservation. In 3 days more than 50 sharks were observed! Look out for the next trip!
Shark Guardian Indonesian School Presentations
Shark Guardian visited several international schools in Bali: the Green School, Dyatmika and Bali International School gave Shark Guardian a very warm welcome. On our way back from the Gili Islands we also managed to stop by and revisit the Nusa Alam International School on Lombok. Shark Guardian were also guest speakers at GIN conference– Canggu Community School. Hundreds more students of all ages in Indonesnia are now hugely passionate about sharks!
- Oceanic Dive Center – Located in Kata Beach on Phuket
- Apnea Total on Koh Tao – First Free Diving center to join Shark Guardian
- Big Blue Diving on Koh Tao – hosted a Shark Guardian event and organized a ‘Swim for Sharks’ fundraiser
- Joe’s Gone Diving – Located in Sanur, Bali. Recently hosted an event for Shark Guardian
- Blue Marine Dive – Long standing Shark Guardian supporters located on Gili Air and hosted and hosted an event for Shark Guardian
- Blue Marlin – Hosted one of the largest Shark Guardian events on Gili Trawangan
- Neptune Diving Adventures – First Shark Guardian Dive Center in the Philippines!
- Bali Reef Divers – First Shark Guardian Dive Center in Amed, Bali!
- Wicked Diving in Komodo – First Shark Guardian Dive Center in Komodo and the only live-aboard that has run a special Shark Guardian shark education and research trip
Thailand eShark Project
Whale Shark Project
- Shark Guardian student shark ambassador convinces Thai Airways to stop shipping shark fin – Huge win for shark conservation and great that it came from a Thai student
TAKE ACTION FOR SHARK CONSERVAION
RESTAURANTS IN CHANGI SINGAPORE AIRPORT IS SELLING SHARK FIN! The Crown Plaza is a hotel in Terminal 3 and has a restaurant (Imperial Crown) selling shark fin soup. Additionally Crystal Jade Restaurant in terminal 2 also sell shark fin. Want to do something about it? follow these steps:
- Go to www.feedback-changiairport.com
- Address to Ms Pok Pei Fen, Commercial Associate Changi Airport Group
- leave your comments here explaining your disgust and disappointment. Singapore Airlines recently ban the cargo of shark fin yet the airport still allows restaurants to sell it.
Lion Air Petition to Lion Air to ban shark fin in cargo
Over 23,000 signatures have been collected for a petition to Lion Air (an Indonesian Airline) to ban shark fin from their cargo. Please sign and share this petition