Jun 29 2012
Combining the iconic London to Brighton route with the unique sensation of night cycling, this mass participation night cycle is open to riders of mixed abilities and paces.
Experience the thrill of riding on deserted roads illuminated only by torchlight. Accomplished cyclists aim to complete the course in under four hours; others take a more leisurely pace!
Setting off from Alexandra Palace, you'll pedal through eerily quiet London streets, past some of the capitalís most iconic landmarks before breaking out onto the open country roads of Surrey and Sussex. Pausing en route for a hot meal stop, riders aim to complete the 100km course just as the sun rises over Brighton Pier.
Moonriders is the ultimate capital to coast night cycle, and you can support Scope by giving a few hours of your time in June 2012, jump in the saddle with some mates and have a whole load of fun in the process.
- 100km night road cycling in groups
- Fully signed and controlled route
- Suitable for road, hybrid, mountain, folding bikes or tandems!
- Nominate your pace - departures from 10pm until 2am
- Rest stops and hot meal en route
- Support riders, bike mechanics, medics, vehicle cover
- Rider breakfast - family, friends, supporters welcome
- Optional coach and bike return service to London
- £59 registration fee
- Fundraising pledge of £300
- Online resource, GPS route data, rider safety pack
Active & Health Ė Cycling
Event Contact Details
Scope , 6 Market Road, London, London (Greater London). N7 9PW