Prostate Cancer Research Centre
Registered Charity Number: 1156027
Cheer Point Volunteer - Various locations/events
Appeal location: Nationwide
Required Dates and Days
Needed for Mar 2015 - Dec 2015
If you want to get involved with our challenge events but don't fancy running a marathon, cycling up the beacon hill or jumping out of a plane, then volunteering is for you.
Volunteers are essential to our challenge events, we wouldn't be able to provide the level of support we do to our fundraisers without the amazing help of our volunteers.
As a cheer point volunteer you will be at the heart of the action, our fundraisers have trained hard for their race but will still need lots of encouragement to make it to the finish line. We think they deserve the loudest cheers for all the effort they’ve put into raising money for the Prostate Cancer Research Centre and we would love for you to help us achieve this.
Depending on the event, we also require volunteers to help handing out goody bags and medals, pretend you are at the Olympics and watch the smiles as you reward our fundraisers with medals and treats.
There may be a requirement in help to set up for the event and this could be putting banners and posters up, blowing up balloons even setting up the registration table.
What will this involve?
- The role will involve encouraging and cheering on our runners whilst boosting morale at our dedicated cheer point.
- You will be part of a team of volunteers, all working towards the same goal – to make our cheer point the best on the course!
What skills/experience will I need?
- You will need plenty of enthusiasm and the ability to motivate others.
- You should be a good team player, as you will be cheering alongside a team of other volunteers.
- You should be happy to be outside whatever the weather and be prepared to spend a number of hours on your feet.
What can I expect from the role?
- A fun day out knowing that you have made a real difference to our fundraisers experiences.
- The opportunity to meet new people at an exciting race day experience.
- Full support from PCRC staff, so you’re ready and confident to cheer your heart out! We will provide you with all the information and materials you need.
When will I need to be available?
- Majority of our events happen on a Sunday and would be all day but there will be an occasional Saturday or bank holiday Monday.
Where will the role be based?
- This all depends on the particular event but our events happen throughout London, Cambridge, Oxford and Brighton
We will make you feel like one of the team from the day you sign up! In the run up to the event we will provide you with all the information you need as well as the logistics of the day. You will receive your very own PCRC t-shirt, wrist band and cheer sticks so all you need to do is bring your voice, energy and enthusiasm.
For more information on the dates and locations of the events, contact Kerry Hulf.
Come and be part of something amazing today!!
Various, London (Greater London), SE1 1DB
If you would like to fulfil this request, please contact Kerry Hulf at the charity directly: firstname.lastname@example.org