Registered Charity Number: 1153473
Minnie's Friends is a registered charity set up in 2012 in memory of Donna Phillips. It is a drop-in center which provides for vulnerable people (18 ), both young and old, male or female. We help the homeless, the lonely, those with debt problems and others with drug or alcohol misuse.
Donna, known to her friends as Minnie, the daughter of Carol Phillips, has a sad story, but regretfully not untypical of someone who struggles with alcohol abuse. However she lost her fight at the young age of 33 after many battles to try and get help, but in vain.
From small beginnings of giving out bacon and egg cobs as well as clothes for two hours a week in the Russell Street area of Loughborough, Minnies Friends has grown, thanks largely to the vision of Carol Phillips, to cater for wider but very necessary needs.
As word of mouth spreads, so the work of Minnie's Friends grows and we can only continue with the generosity of volunteers and the gifts of money, clothes, food, household items and toiletries. All contributions are put to good use.
We offer a warm welcome to all who have a genuine need and we turn no one away. But we do have a no drinking and no drugs policy on the premises.
24 Tyler Avenue
Charity Choice Directory Listings
Minnies Friends: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- Appear higher in search results and directory listings
- Add your logo, photos and more information about your charity
- Add Videos
- Add a link to your donation facility
- Use of a dedicated and customisable Gifts in Wills fundraising page
- Your logo will feature on the profile of related charity pages
- Your profile pages will not feature “Useful links” logos from other charities
- Your profile will not promote other relevant charities pages on your profile