DarkMoor - Night Trek
Aug 19 2017
Help our nurses be a light in someone’s darkest hours by signing up to a 10-mile, night-time walk through Dartmoor National Park this summer.
On the evening of Saturday 19 August, Marie Curie Nurses across the UK will arrive at the homes of people living with terminal illness to provide hands-on care and emotional support throughout the night.
At that same moment in Devon, amazing people like you will be grabbing their torches and setting out on a moonlit trek across the moors to help our nurses be there when families need them most.
- A night-time trek with Marie Curie
- Experience Dartmoor National Park like never before
- Sun-rise finish with medal, refreshments & congratulations
- Perfect for individuals, couples & groups of friends, family & colleagues
- Help Marie Curie nurses bring light in the darkest hours
Our guides will lead you on an adventure through moorland and woodland – lit only by the moon, the stars and your torches flickering across the tors.
As you walk through the darkness, sharing stories with friends or making new ones, you can be proud that every step you take and penny you raise will help Marie Curie Nurses bring light in the darkest hours.
And as the sun rises at the end of your trek, you’ll be rewarded with a medal and refreshments. You can then have a well-earned rest and think about all those carers doing the same thanks to a Marie Curie Nurse and incredible supporters like you.
- Expert mountain guides
- Fundraising support
- Support on the night from Marie Curie's Events Team
Active & Health – Trekking