Registered Charity Number: 700396
Leave a Gift in Your Will
Leave a Legacy
Help us save and change lives
A legacy donation to Kidney Wales will ensure that the charity can continue to support patients and families living renal failure and to promote excellence in renal research.
Why having a will is so important
Have you protected your loved ones by making a Will? If not, they may not automatically be entitled to your assets and your estate could go to the Crown. It is not necessarily complicated or expensive to write a Will and once you have done it you can relax knowing your family will be supported in the way you wished.
After looking after your family, would you consider helping patients and their families affected by renal failure? By leaving a gift to Kidney Wales in your Will, youll be helping us make a difference to thousands of lives.
What you need to do to make a will
- Find a solicitor - The safest way of making a will is to use a solicitor. Start by asking those close to you, friends and family, if they can recommend one. Or you could even try the Yellow Pages
- List your assets - Note down all your assets. These usually include your home, car, any stocks and shares, your bank or building society accounts. Items such as clothing, jewellery, pictures, books and furniture can also be included.
- Who would you like to benefit? - Begin with family and friends, then charities such as Kidney Wales. Remember, a will is an excellent way of making a final statement about the values you held during your lifetime.
- Please remember that your will is revocable meaning you can change the provisions in your will at any time
- Decide on how you wish to leave your legacies. Details on the types of gifts you can leave include:
- Residual gift a bequest of the remainder of your estate after providing for your family, friends and other expenses have been deducted
- Pecuniary gift this type of bequest is a fixed amount of money, which may be reduced as a result of inflation in the future
- Specific gift a bequest of a specific item, from a piece of jewellery to a painting
- A reversionary gift a bequest that comes into effect when something else happens. For example, when someone passes away or when someone reaches the age of 21 years old
- A donation in memory you can request that a donation be made to Kidney Wales in your memory
Make your Donation 28% larger
If you are making a donation to Kidney Wales and you are a British taxpayer you can help us even further simply by signing a Gift Aid form. By doing this, the tax you have already paid on that donation is refunded to the charity. By completing and returning the form, you not only allow us to re-claim the tax on this donation but on any future ones you make to us.
2 Radnor Court
256 Cowbridge Road East
South Glamorgan (Cardiff)
Make a Pledge
Gifts left in wills are really important to Kidney Wales. However even if you haven't made a will, making a pledge to do so in the future would really help us to find out about your future intentions.
Pledges are not legally binding so by filling out this form you are not committing yourself! You are simply allowing Kidney Wales to confidently estimate future support for their cause.
Leave a Legacy
If you have already made a will but you want to leave a legacy to a charity you can make an addition or change it without re-writing your current will. This addition is called a codicil.
To leave a legacy to Kidney Wales please download the codicil form below and take it along to your solicitor.
Please note however that this form is not legally binding on its own and has to be part of your main will. We advise you to seek the advice of a solicitor.
If you have any questions about leaving a legacy to us, please contact Kidney Wales directly they will be happy to discuss this with you.