Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
Conquer Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa
Sep 18 2014
Sep 28 2014
18-28 September 2014
Conquer Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa. Test yourself by climbing to an altitude of 5895 metres.
Watch the sunrise from the summit and marvel at the diverse ecosystems on your journey, from cultivated farmlands on the lower levels, through lush rainforest and alpine meadow to a barren lunar landscape at the top. This one of the toughest challenges you can embark on and it is a fantastic way to raise funds for hospice care.
The climb takes places over 11 days with 7 days trekking. Below is a basic itinerary for the challenge.
- Fly London – Nairobi
- Fly Nairobi – Kilimanjaro
- Start ascent from Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut (4 hours)
- Long trek uphill through the cloud level to Horombo Hut (7-8 hours)
- Acclimatisation day. Trek to Mawenzi Pass and back (5 hours)
- Follow lower route to Kibo Hut through spectacular flora and fauna (7-8 hours)
- Trek halfway to summit to acclimatise (5 hours)
- Trek to the summit for sunrise. Return to Horombo Hut (15-17 hours)
- Descend to Marangu Park Gate. Transfer to Moshi. Celebratory meal.
- Fly Kilimanjaro – Nairobi – London.
- Arrive London.
This challenge is open to people of all fitness abilities although training before the event will be essential. For all your hard work you will be rewarded with breath-taking views of the African scenery as you climb to the summit.
There are two sponsorship options available. Both options require a registration fee payment of £350 to secure your place on the challenge:
- You raise £3500 minimum sponsorship
- You pay £1749 and raise as much as possible
For more information, or to join this trip of a lifetime, please sign up directly with our challenge events partner Classic Tours
Our support for you
We’ll help you with the fundraising every step of the way. With some planning, creativity and hard work you’ll find you can easily reach your target. We will provide you with a comprehensive fundraising pack and update you with fundraising tips and ideas, as well as providing fundraising merchandise. You can contact us anytime to talk through any ideas or queries you have – we are here to help.
Active & Health – Trekking