Trek the Inca Trail
Trek the Inca Trail, rated amongst the ten best trekking trails in the world
May 15 2014
May 24 2014
15-24 May 2014
Trek the Inca Trail, rated amongst the ten best trekking trails in the world due to its striking beauty, ancient Inca ruins and diverse ecological zones.
The trail includes very different terrain from high desert plateau to tropical Andean rainforest. Our ultimate destination is Machu Picchu – the “Lost City” of the Incas.
- The trek takes places over 10 days. Below is a basic itinerary for the challenge.
- Fly London – Lima
- Fly Lima – Cusco. Acclimatise in Cusco
- More acclimatisation and half day walking tour of Cusco
- Optional tour of area around Cusco and Warm up hike over part of Inca Trail
- Start trekking along Inca Trail (4-5 hours)
- Climb Dead Woman’s Pass (7-8 hours)
- Climb Runkuracay Pass (8-10 hours)
- Trek to view Machu Picchu at sunrise (3 hours). Time to explore. Train and bus back to Cusco
- Fly Cusco – Lima – London
- Arrive London.
This challenge is open to people of all fitness abilities although training before the event will be essential. Please note this trek is at high altitude.
There are two sponsorship options available.
Both options require a registration fee payment of £350 to secure your place on the challenge:
- You raise £3100 minimum sponsorship
- You pay £1515 and raise as much as possible
For more information, or to join this trip of a lifetime, please sign up directly with our challenge events partner Classic Tours
Our support for you
We’ll help you with the fundraising every step of the way. With some planning, creativity and hard work you’ll find you can easily reach your target. We will provide you with a comprehensive fundraising pack and update you with fundraising tips and ideas, as well as providing fundraising merchandise. You can contact us anytime to talk through any ideas or queries you have – we are here to help.
Active & Health – Trekking