U.N. International day of the Girl Child
Girl Child Network Worldwide And Leave No Girl Behind International
Oct 27 2012
EMPOWERED GIRL – EMPOWERED WORLD
A life-changing event to honour girls and women, and celebrate the United Nations International Day of the Girl Child.
Date: October 27th 2012
Time: 11:00am – 2pm
Event is open to families (including boys and men)
Children must be age 12 or older to attend
The purpose of this event is five-fold:
· To inspire girls to live extraordinary and purposeful lives, no matter who they are or where they come from
· To raise awareness about why girls’ empowerment should be an important part of our lives
· For people to recognize that girls’ empowerment is about all girls, because all girls everywhere need empowering in some way
· To provide a simple way that any woman, man or child can contribute to making a difference through our collaborative girls’ empowerment project, the Help-Her-Help-Herself Project
· To raise awareness about the United Nations International Day of the Girl Child
Highlights will include:
· Betty Makoni, gender activist, multi-global award winner and founder of Girl Child Network Worldwide (www.girlchildnetworkworldwide.org), will share her inspiring story and for the first time in South Africa, launch her autobirography, Never Again: Not to any woman or girl again.
- · Haseena Patel and Shameema Patel, founders of Leave No Girl Behind International (www.leavenogirlbehind.org), will launch their book, Leave No Girl Behind: How to help girls become the change in our world.
- · International video guests will share their views about girls’ empowerment and their messages to girls.
- · Exciting prizes will be up for grabs.
- · The authors will be available for book signings.
Festivals & Celebrations – Seasonal Celebrations