Lostwithiel, Cornwall & The Scilly Isles
I live in Lostwithiel, Cornwall and work as a receptionist in the local Community Centre, which was built by locals to serve the needs of the Community and is itself a registered Charity.
I hsve, in recent years, with my partner and daughters, done fundraising for Shelterbox through coffee mornings and soup lunches. I have also baked for coffee mornings to raise money for our Local Town Band.
I have supported the NSPCC for many years, also Redwings Pony Sanctuary, baked cakes for the Polruan Lifeboat Day and the givendonations to charities working in disaster areas.
At present I am helping organise a concert to raise money for defibrullators for our town. I am also trying to help my daughter raise enough money to go to Uganda on a schools project, organised by her college, in 2014.
My interests and hobbies include music, baking and cake decorating, gardening, walking and photography.My partner and I have used our photography skills to produce greetings cards which are sold at the Community Centre Tourist Information.
I have, in the past raised money for the Community Centre, through organising a concert and an Apple and Pumpkin Day which proved popular with local families and which I hope to be able to repeat next year.
My Favourite Charities
- Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust More
- Young Generation Of Falmouth More
- National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty To Children (NSPCC) More
- Alzheimer's Research UK More
- Border Collie Trust GB More
- ShelterBox Trust More
- ACE - Aid Conservation through Education More
- Campaign to Protect Rural England - CPRE More
- Redwings Horse Sanctuary More
- Dartmoor Pony Heritage Trust More
has been sent a request to be your friend.
Become the first Charity Choice friend of Sandra.