Animal experiments - there are alternatives
UK law says that animal-free research and testing methods should be used if they are available, but there is no specific legal requirement to look for alternatives.
FRAME is helping to find them.
The charity receives no funding from central or local govenment and relies entirely on grants, donations and legacies for its income.
Your support could help us to:
- Investigate new methods that replace animals in labs
- Research new ways to identify toxic chemicals without using animals
- Find new ways to identify and treat killer diseases using non-animal methods
- Maintain a laboratory that actively develops new treatments by working with human tissues
- Promote good science and animal welfare
- Train laboratory staff who work with animals to minimise suffering
- Advise the press on scientific questions
- Educate future scientists