Registered Charity Number: 1116203
Brighton, East Sussex
Extratime is the brain-child of two families, both with children with profound special needs. Becky Jenner and Marian Tipler, frustrated at the lack of out-of-school care for their own children, spent two years planning and working voluntarily to develop an inclusive after school club for special needs and mainstream children aged 5 – 16.
By providing affordable, accessible childcare to families with severely disabled children we enable parent carers to pursue training opportunities, return to or stay in employment, spend valuable time with non disabled siblings or allow them to take a much needed break from their caring responsibilities. It gives these families the chance to raise their standard of living and alleviates some of the stress caring for a disabled child has on family relationships.
All our staff and volunteers have experience in working with children with disabilities and play work. We provide comprehensive training over and above that of ‘mainstream’ play workers including working with children with challenging behaviour, using alternative forms of communication, administration of emergency medication in the event of seizures and use of tube feeding via the nose or the stomach. High staff to children ratios ensure we can meet the needs of any child giving them a safe and fun experience.
Portslade Village Centre
Phone: 01273 420580
Extratime: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- Appear higher in search results and directory listings
- Add your logo, photos and more information about your charity
- Add Videos
- Add a link to your donation facility
- Use of a dedicated and customisable Gifts in Wills fundraising page
- Your logo will feature on the profile of related charity pages
- Your profile pages will not feature “Useful links” logos from other charities
- Your profile will not promote other relevant charities pages on your profile