2013 Iceland Trek
Jul 03 2013
Jul 07 2013
See some of the most spectacular wilderness areas in Europe on our fantastic Iceland Trek.
Not only will you be experiencing a trip of a lifetime, it might even change your life! Meet new friends and raise funds for a cause close to your heart!
- Day 1 - London - Keflavik - Landmannalaugar
We depart London for Keflavik airport whereby upon arrival we will be transferred by bus to the Southern Highlands about 150 miles east of Reykjavik.
- Day 2 - Landmannalaugar - lftavatn
From camp we will climb up through the cross lava fields, pass steaming vents and snow fields. Near the highest point (3,600ft) we will pass Storihver a big hot spring amongst a field of vents.
- Day 3 - lftavatn - Emstrur
As we leave the rhyolite we enter a glacial area with fast running glacial streams off the Myrdalsjokull Icecap. We will experience river crossings, both by wooden bridges and wading through ice-cold streams!
- Day 4 - Emstrur - Thorsmrk - Reykjavik
Our final days trekking starts with more river crossings, views of the amazing Markarfljt gorge and the bridged Ljorsa fissure. The trek ends with a steep drop into the main valley of Thrsmrk.
- Day 5 - Reykjavik - London
Today there will be free time to explore Reykjavik and the Blue lagoon - one of Icelands pools of pure, mineral-rich, geothermal seawater, set amongst fields of lava against a spectacular backdrop of green rolling hills.
- All you need to do to experience this fantastic challenge is raise the minimum sponsorship and in return you can join us on the trip of a lifetime. Click here to book your place today!
Skyline are acting as agents for the tour operator ATOL 10069
Active & Health > Trekking