British Blind Sport
Registered Charity Number: 271500
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
‘British Blind Sport prides itself on making a visible difference through sport as we know that taking that first step into participating in a sporting or recreational activity can change lives for the better.’
Alaina MacGregor Chief Exectutive Officer, BBS
British Blind Sport:
- Provides sport and recreation for blind and partially sighted children and adults throughout the UK.
- Believes that sport offers visually impaired people improved health; independence; friendship and self-esteem.
- Stages events, provides coaching and development for all abilities from beginners to local, regional, national and international competitors. This includes hosting the only 5-a-side football championship and swimming gala for visually impaired children in the UK.
- Fosters talent and realizes sporting potential up to Paralympic standard.
- Supports the education of teachers and sport coaches across the UK who work with visually impaired children and adults to increase participation.
- Helps and offers advice to clubs, coaches and professionals.
- Is the UK representative of the International Blind Sports Federation (IBSA) and a member of the English Federation of Disability Sport.
- Provides an approved sight classification system for blind and partially sighted people to participate in sport.
British Blind Sport
British Blind Sport: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- Appear higher in search results and directory listings
- Add your logo, photos and more information about your charity
- Add Videos
- Add a link to your donation facility
- Use of a dedicated and customisable Gifts in Wills fundraising page
- Your logo will feature on the profile of related charity pages
- Your profile pages will not feature “Useful links” logos from other charities
- Your profile will not promote other relevant charities pages on your profile