A gift of just £5 each month will give someone a Bible
A gift of £5 is enough to give someone a Bible. It can help distribute the Bible and make sure the recipient knows how to engage with it. It can help Bible Societies run literacy classes and establish listening groups. It can help people receive the Bible in their heart language and in a format they can use… perhaps for the very first time.
‘Bible-a-month’ is a partnership set up to give people the opportunity to share the Bible with others. A calendar is provided to tell people about a different country each month. You can discover what Bible Society work is happening in these places and help with the sharing of God’s Word.
In 2018, through Bible-a-month, people will be providing Scripture for people in twelve different countries. Your gift of £5 each month will:
- January: give someone in China the Bible that they’ve longed for,
- February: put Scripture into an aid package for a refugee family in Lebanon,
- March: help someone hear God’s words in a Listening Group in Togo,
- April: give someone in Algeria the Berber Bible they’ve been waiting for,
- May: share God’s Word with isolated river communities in Paraguay,
- June: give a New Testament to a girl searching for healing in Cameroon,
- July: give a Bible story book to a migrant worker in the Gulf,
- August: help someone who is lonely to have fellowship around the Bible in Chile,
- September: give a New Testament to a refugee in Austria,
- October: help give a Bible to someone who is hurting in Rwanda,
- November: provide a Quechua Bible to someone in a literacy class in Peru,
- December: give New Testaments to two kids in Cambodia.
Click the ‘donate now’ button to give your gift today.
Are you interested in becoming a member of Bible-a-month? You can become a regular giver and commit to giving a gift every month. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a FREE Bible-a-month calendar. This will be posted to you with details of how you can set up a direct debit and give a Bible-a-month.
Visit the Bible Society NI website for more information.
31 Dec 2018