Yorkshire Wildlife Trust
Registered Charity Number: 210807
York, North Yorkshire
We are a local charity working for Yorkshire's wonderful wildlife and local communities.
Yorkshire Wildlife Trust is part of the influential UK-wide partnership of 47 Wildlife Trusts. The Trust has worked for more than 60 years to protect wildlife and wild places, and educate, influence and empower people. We manage 80 of the best sites and help others to manage theirs. Our work is helping to secure the future of many important habitats and species, which might otherwise be lost.
In only the last few years, the Trust has:
- Created more than 60ha of dedicated reedbed for bittern, one of the UK's most endangered birds, at Potteric Carr Nature Reserve
- Worked tirelessly to secure the future of Yorkshire's water vole populations, the mammal that the beloved 'Ratty' in Wind and the Willows was based on.
- Restored and maintained some of the last remaining lowland heath habitat in Yorkshire
- Enabled over 800 volunteers to take positive action for their local environment
- Advised landowners on how to manage their land for wildlife.
- Encouraged communities to protect and enjoy wildlife in their local area; and campaigned successfully for wildlife friendly development
- Inspired children with natural play and wildlife watching.
We see the future of wildlife conservation as a Living Landscape - by identifying key areas to protect for wildlife, improving and joining them up across the county in partnership with other land-owners we can create an inspiring, accessible landscape which is full of wildlife and rich in opportunities for learning and sustainable economic development.
Yorkshire Wildlife Trust
1 St George's Place
Phone: 01904 659570
Fax: 01904 613467
Charity Choice Directory Listings
Yorkshire Wildlife Trust: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- a customised microsite - add your charity's logo, strapline and colours
- appearing higher up in our directory listings
- Your logo featuring on the profiles of thousands of free related charity microsites
- Your microsite will not feature any other charities advertising
Find out more about Yorkshire Wildlife Trust including what their money is spent on, amount raised for every £1 spent on fundraising, 5 year financial information and how your donation helps.
Gifts left in Wills are really important to us. Click the button below to find more about our charity legacy appeal and what options are available to you.
|March 2017||March 2016|
If you have questions about the financial information listed above please contact Charity Choice at email@example.com