Southwark Diocesan Welcare
Registered Charity Number: 1107859
At Welcare we work with children and families across South London and East Surrey. We help parents and carers use their strengths and skills to nurture happy and confident children. Our services are tailored to the real needs of the communities in which we work.
We provide practical help and support to families, empowering them to rebuild their lives and access opportunities to ensure their children have a happy, confident childhood and future.
At Welcare, we:
- place a high value on each person’s individual life and accept people as they are
- offer services of support and care unconditionally whenever possible
- recognise the need for each person to be loved and valued from birth so that he or she can, in turn, learn to give love and to value both self and others
- help people to use their gifts to realise their full potential
- stand against injustice and are on the side of the poor and disadvantaged
Welcare recognises that many of these values are shared by those of other faiths and none. We are proud of our Christian heritage, identity and strong church support and are inspired by our faith base but we do not proselytise. Welcare inspires through the example of its work. We welcome staff, volunteers and supporters of all faiths and none, who are committed to the outworking of these and other values. We unreservedly offer a service to all.
Throughout the decades our role has progressed and developed to ensure we are reflecting the needs of the communities where we work. As the needs of troubled children and families in London have transformed, so too has the way we respond to those needs. We have moved away from mother and baby homes to focus on preventative work and life skills development, doing everything we can to keep families together. The work of Welcare continues to evolve into 2015, as we establish our Child and Family Support Service, extend our support work with families who have children up to the age of 13, and roll out our domestic abuse recovery project, MySpace.
Southwark Diocesan Welcare
St John's Community Centre
19 Frederick Crescent
Phone: 020 7820 7910
Fax: 020 7820 7912
Southwark Diocesan Welcare News
Charity Choice Directory Listings
Southwark Diocesan Welcare: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- a customised microsite - add your charity's logo, strapline and colours
- appearing higher up in our directory listings
- Your logo featuring on the profiles of thousands of free related charity microsites
- Your microsite will not feature any other charities advertising
Find out more about Southwark Diocesan Welcare including what their money is spent on, amount raised for every £1 spent on fundraising, 5 year financial information and how your donation helps.