Grassroots international development
Registered Charity Number: 1091516
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Powerful Information works in low-income countries to inform, empower and enable marginalised communities to tackle poverty and promote better health / more sustainable livelihoods. We work with and through local partners to change lives and help indigenous organisations become more effective. Our current projects include:
- Basic education and functional literacy for women farmers and petty traders (3,000+ have benefitted to date) – Sierra Leone*
- Support to enable blind children to be educated in mainstream schools – Sierra Leone
- Reduction of pesticide-poisoning amongst subsistence farmers and the contamination of food and water resources – eastern Ghana
- Coaching UK graduates for a career in international development
Powerful Information was awarded charitable status in 1992, and incorporated as a limited company in 2002. We have low overheads, pay modest salaries and don’t employ professional fundraisers or publicists.
We rely on project grants from trusts and foundations for our humanitarian work, and on donations from the public. Please consider making a regular donation to support our work empowering disadvantaged communities to help themselves.
* Sierra Leone has been in the grip of a serious Ebola outbreak that has killed many thousands of people and has devastated communities. Although the outbreak appeared to be over in November 2015 there has been a new outbreak this year. We are working to support our partners through this crisis and to plan for the time when Ebola is finally overcome.
City Discovery Centre
Phone: 01908 320033
Fax: 01908 320033
Powerful Information News
Charity Choice Directory Listings
Help us raise money by becoming a fundraiser. You can set up fundraising events for the charity or any of our appeals. If you're interested then please click the button below to set up your fundraising event.
We currently have 10 friends, including:
Gifts left in Wills are really important to us. Click the button below to find more about our charity legacy appeal and what options are available to you.