Registered Charity Number: 1138414
Kerala Crafts is working with 5 projects with Kerala, southern India:
1) Valsalya Bhavan - a home for girls aged between 5 and 15, who have been rescued from the streets.
2) Vimala Welfare Centre - supporting marginalised women through various project, including our purchase of
their beautiful, sustainable, banana fibre baskets (Fair Trade).
3) Adelaide Bhavan - an extension to the work at Valsalya Bhavan. Home for the older girls who have moved
on from Valsalya, and who live independently within the Welfare Centre.
4) Malabar Memsahib Welfare - a women's co-operative making fair trade lingerie etc, giving the women,
much-needed employment (Fair Trade).
5) FCCA (Fair Cotton Co-op Alliance) - set up as a need to strengthen co-ops in the textile sector, which struggle
against competition from established private players and cheap commodity production based on mechanisation.
5 Ivy Place
Phone: 01225 319642
Charity Choice Directory Listings
Kerala Crafts: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- a customised microsite - add your charity's logo, strapline and colours
- appearing higher up in our directory listings
- Your logo featuring on the profiles of thousands of free related charity microsites
- Your microsite will not feature any other charities advertising
Help us raise money by becoming a fundraiser. You can set up fundraising events for the charity or any of our appeals. If you're interested then please click the button below to set up your fundraising event.
We currently have 1 friend: