Registered Charity Number: 1138414
Kerala Crafts is working with 5 projects with Kerala, southern India:
1) Valsalya Bhavan - a home for girls aged between 5 and 15, who have been rescued from the streets.
2) Vimala Welfare Centre - supporting marginalised women through various project, including our purchase of
their beautiful, sustainable, banana fibre baskets (Fair Trade).
3) Adelaide Bhavan - an extension to the work at Valsalya Bhavan. Home for the older girls who have moved
on from Valsalya, and who live independently within the Welfare Centre.
4) Malabar Memsahib Welfare - a women's co-operative making fair trade lingerie etc, giving the women,
much-needed employment (Fair Trade).
5) FCCA (Fair Cotton Co-op Alliance) - set up as a need to strengthen co-ops in the textile sector, which struggle
against competition from established private players and cheap commodity production based on mechanisation.
5 Ivy Place
Phone: 01225 319642
Charity Choice Directory Listings
Kerala Crafts: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- a customised microsite - add your charity's logo, strapline and colours
- appearing higher up in our directory listings
- Your logo featuring on the profiles of thousands of free related charity microsites
- Your microsite will not feature any other charities advertising
Help us raise money by becoming a fundraiser. You can set up fundraising events for the charity or any of our appeals. If you're interested then please click the button below to set up your fundraising event.