Virgin Money London Marathon
Help the Hospices has a big team in the most popular marathon in the world!
Apr 13 2014
Sunday 13 April 2014
Help the Hospices has a big team in the most popular marathon in the world and we're really excited about next year's race!
How to apply
To apply for a Help the Hospices charity place in the 2014 London marathon:
- link through to our application form
- choose the charity place option
- you do not need to pay the £45 registration fee now, we will only ask you to pay this if we offer you a place.
- fill in the application form with loads of information about yourself.
- we will be in touch within 48 hours to acknowledge your application.
Find out more about the application process here.
Sponsorship and registration fee
We ask our London Marathon charity place runners to raise a minimum of £2,000. You will also need to pay a £45 registration fee to secure your place but this is only payable if you are offered a charity place.
Start training now!
We currently have 50% off the registration fee for our Bupa Great North Run places. Start your training for the London marathon now! Apply for a Great North Run place.
Own place runners
The London marathon ballot is now closed. If you are lucky enough to be allocated your own ballot place we would still love to have you on our team. You will receive the same support without a minimum sponsorship amount to raise!
Our support for you
"I will always remember how my legs miraculously came back to life when I saw the cheering point at mile 25! An incredible memory – you made me feel special and part of a team."
When you join the Help the Hospices team you will receive all the support you need to make your marathon experience unforgettable, including:
- fundraising pack and merchandise
- adidas Silverstone Half Marathon place
- team newsletters
- running vest and name letters
- pre-race breakfast
- escort to the race start
- four noisy cheer points
- post race sports massage
- pasta meal and refreshments.
If you have any questions please contact the Help the Hospices Events Team.
Active & Health – Running