Building better futures
Registered Charity Number: 1091516
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Grassroots Action (formerly Powerful Information) works in low-income countries to inform, empower and enable marginalised communities to tackle poverty and promote better health / more sustainable livelihoods. We work with and through local partners to change lives and help indigenous organisations become more effective. Our current projects include:
- Basic education and functional literacy for women farmers and petty traders (3,000+ have benefitted to date) – Sierra Leone*
- Support to enable blind children to be educated in mainstream schools – Sierra Leone
- Reduction of pesticide-poisoning amongst subsistence farmers and the contamination of food and water resources – eastern Ghana
- Coaching UK graduates for a career in international development
Grassroots Action was awarded charitable status in 1992, and incorporated as a limited company in 2002. In January 2018 we changed our name to better reflect the work that we do. We have low overheads, pay modest salaries and don’t employ professional fundraisers or publicists.
We rely on project grants from trusts and foundations for our humanitarian work, and on donations from the public. Please consider making a regular donation to support our work empowering disadvantaged communities to help themselves.
* Sierra Leone was in the grip of a serious Ebola outbreak that killed many thousands of people and has devastated communities. Although the outbreak appeared to be over in November 2015 there was a new outbreak in the spring of 2016. Ebola has now been overcome but the country is still suffering and morale is low. We are working to support our partners to enable them to recover from this setback.
City Discovery Centre
Phone: 01908 320033
Fax: 01908 320033
Grassroots Action News
Charity Choice Directory Listings
Help us raise money by becoming a fundraiser. You can set up fundraising events for the charity or any of our appeals. If you're interested then please click the button below to set up your fundraising event.
We currently have 10 friends, including:
Gifts left in Wills are really important to us. Click the button below to find more about our charity legacy appeal and what options are available to you.