Thanks for taking the time to visit my page. I am going to be running the 2014 London Marathon for a charity called Bliss. Bliss is a charity which means a lot to myself and my family.
I was born in 1990 at 29 weeks weighing 2lbs 1oz, my sister Charlotte was born in 1992 at 30 weeks weighing 2lbs 4oz and my other sister Hollie was born in 2000 at 26 weeks weighing 1lb 13oz.
We were all very ill, in and out of hospital and have now grown up as healthy 23, 20 and 12 year olds. I feel very grateful for this, and now want to raise money for Bliss to help other babies who without the right equipment and support, would not be so lucky.
As I have a charity place in the London Marathon I have pledged to raise a minimum of £2,500.00, so please donate! I will be very grateful for any donation, big or small.
Every day hundreds of babies are born too soon, too small or too sick.
- One in nine babies is born premature or sick in the UK – that’s 82,000 babies every year.
- Around 17,000 of these babies need intensive care and the figure is rising.
- Every six minutes in the UK, a new born baby requires urgent specialist care.
- 24 minutes, a newborn baby requires life-saving intensive care.
By raising funds for Bliss, you’ll be helping to change tiny lives by allowing Bliss to continue to:
- Campaign for the changes needed to ensure doctors and nurses have the best resources available to care for babies, regardless of where or when they are born.
- Research innovative techniques and treatments that have the potential to save and improve the quality of life for babies born premature or sick.
- Support parents of special care babies at the most difficult times, through their publications, message board, helpline and leaflets.
has been sent a request to be your friend.
Total money raised so far: £0.00
Become the first Charity Choice friend of Emma.