Contact a Family
for families with disabled children
Registered Charity Number: 284912, SC039169
Contact a Family provides support, advice and information for families with disabled children, no matter what their condition or disability.
Contact a Family became a registered charity in 1979 and we have over 30 years of experience of working with families with disabled children.
Contact a Family's vision is that all families with disabled children are empowered to live the lives they choose to live, and achieve their full potential, for themselves, for the communities they live in and for society.
Contact a Family's mission and purpose is to remove the barriers imposed by society which prevent families with disabled children achieving their full potential, and to empower these families to live the lives they want to lead.
Last year, Contact a Family helped over 340,000 families with disabled children, including:
- providing one-to-one contact and support for 13,000 families across the UK
- enabled 3,043 families to go on family outings and access respite
- provided opportunities for 12,000 parents to come together at workshops to learn new skills
- linked up 179,000 parents with children of specific rare conditions.
Contact a Family
209-211 City Road
Phone: 020 7608 8700
Fax: 020 7608 8701
Contact a Family News
Charity Choice Directory Listings
- Children & Youth - Child Protection
- Children & Youth - Disabled
- Disabled - Education & Learning
- Disabled - Learning Disabilities
- Education & Training - Special Educational Needs
- Family - Care for Carers
- Family - Financial Support
- Family - Poverty
- Learning Disabilities & SEN - Children
- Medical Welfare - Children
Find out more about Contact a Family including what their money is spent on, amount raised for every £1 spent on fundraising, 5 year financial information and how your donation helps.
Help us raise money by becoming a fundraiser. You can set up fundraising events for the charity or any of our appeals. If you're interested then please click the button below to set up your fundraising event.
We currently have 4 friends:
Gifts left in Wills are really important to us. Click the button below to find more about our charity legacy appeal and what options are available to you.
|March 2014||March 2013|
If you have questions about the financial information listed above please contact Charity Choice at firstname.lastname@example.org