Blind Veterans UK 100k Walk
Jun 21 2014
Jun 22 2014
Challenge yourself in 2014! There are 100 km between London and Brighton. Your challenge: to walk all of them, on your own or as part of a relay team.
The 100k London to Brighton walk taking place 21-22 June 2014 offers you the challenge of a lifetime. There are several options to choose from:-
- Walking the full 100k – registration is £99 with minimum sponsorship pledge of £250. Teams can complete the full distance with no limit on team numbers.
- 2 person relay, each completing 50k – registration is £120 with minimum sponsorship pledge of £500.
- 4 person relay, each completing 25k – registration is £120 with minimum sponsorship pledge of £500.
Your epic journey will begin on Saturday 21 June 2014 in Putney, SW London.
You will leave the busy city behind you and head south, along the banks of the Thames. You will then march along the Wandle Trail, where the route continues into Surrey taking in countryside paths.
The trek continues toward the Sussex border, over the North and South Downs along paths, bridalways and trails through this area of outstanding scenery. The sea comes into view as you approach the finish line at the Blind Veterans UK centre in Ovingdean. Some welcome food and drink await for all walkers to celebrate their achievement, together with a well earned rest!
Thank you for such an extraordinary adventure which will remain one of the physical highlights of my life! – Louise, 2013 100k walker
All walkers will receive:
- Regular updates from Blind Veterans UK, including event information, fundraising support, training tips and offers
- Online members area
- Access to the Facebook 100k challenge group page where you can get in touch with other members of our 2014 team
- Tailored training guides for all abilities
- Pre-event challenge briefing in London
- An exclusive event t-shirt
- Hot food and drink at 3 points on the route
- Signed and marshalled route with full event support
- Drinks and snacks along the route
- High quality medical and logistical support
- Free massage after the walk
- Free shuttle buses to Brighton train station from the Blind Veterans UK centre following the event
Please contact Aaron on 020 7616 7927 or email email@example.com if you have any questions about the event.
Active & Health – Walking
Event Contact Details
12-14 Harcourt Street , London. W1H 4HD
020 7616 7927