Action for M.E.
Registered Charity Number: 1036419, SC040452
Action for M.E. is the UK’s leading charity for people affected by myalgic encephalomyelitis (M.E.), sometimes diagnosed as chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), a fluctuating neurological illness affecting an estimated 250,000 people in the UK, and around 17 million people worldwide.
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) acknowledges that the physical symptoms of M.E. can be as disabling as multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, congestive heart failure and other chronic conditions.
Action for M.E. is a small organisation but we have big ambitions and big impact, and with the money we receive we are able to:
- provide vital support and information to thousands of people every year through our online M.E. centre
- commission social research and reports on M.E. services throughout the UK, most recently our Close to Collapse report highlighting key gaps in service provision for those with M.E.,
- run a dedicated welfare rights enquiry line and provide up to date factsheets on welfare benefits
- publish our membership magazine InterAction
- campaign to ensure the voices of people with M.E. are heard both in the media and by politicians and other decision makers, including by responding to Government enquiries and working with the All Party Parliamentary Group on M.E.
- work to drive and fund vital research into the causes and symptoms of M.E.
Our small, dedicated team is supported by around 70 volunteers, working with us in our Keynsham office and at home to deliver our vital services.
Our vision is a world without M.E.
Action for M.E.
42 Temple Street
Phone: 0117 927 9551
Fax: 0117 927 9552
Charity Choice Directory Listings
Action for M.E.: Upgrade to a premium charity profile
- a customised microsite - add your charity's logo, strapline and colours
- appearing higher up in our directory listings
- Your logo featuring on the profiles of thousands of free related charity microsites
- Your microsite will not feature any other charities advertising
Find out more about Action for M.E. including what their money is spent on, amount raised for every £1 spent on fundraising, 5 year financial information and how your donation helps.
Help us raise money by becoming a fundraiser. You can set up fundraising events for the charity or any of our appeals. If you're interested then please click the button below to set up your fundraising event.